Re: multibyte-character aware support for function "downcase_truncate_identifier()"

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: multibyte-character aware support for function "downcase_truncate_identifier()"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/23/2010 11:14 AM, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>>> No, especially if it results in queries that used to work breaking,
>>> which it well could.  But I'm not sure where to go with it from there,
>>> beyond throwing up my hands.
>> Well, that's why there's been no movement on this since 2004 :-(.  The
>> amount of work needed for a better solution seems far out of proportion
>> to the benefits.
> We could extend the existing logic to handle multi-bytes characters
> though, couldn't we? It's not going to fix all the problems but at
> least it'll do something sane.

What casing rules will you apply? How will you know what is an upper
case character and what its lower case character is? The sad, short
answer is that there are no simple rules beyond ASCII. See the URL I
posted upthread.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: multibyte-character aware support for function "downcase_truncate_identifier()"
Сообщение: Re: multibyte-character aware support for function "downcase_truncate_identifier()"