Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22.11.2010 19:47, Robert Haas wrote:
> I am as conservative about back-patching as anybody here, but
> debugging on Windows is not an easy thing to do, and I strongly
> suspect we are going to point people experiencing crashes on Windows
> to this code whether it's part of our official distribution or not.

This whole thing makes me wonder: is there truly no reliable, simple
method to tell Windows to create a core dump on crash, without writing
custom code for it. I haven't seen one, but I find it amazing if there
isn't. We can't be alone with this.