Re: Spread checkpoint sync

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Spread checkpoint sync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/20/10 6:11 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> True, but I think that changing these from their defaults is not
> considered to be a dark art reserved for kernel hackers, i.e they are
> something that sysadmins are expected to tweak to suite their work
> load, just like the shmmax and such.

I disagree.  Linux kernel hackers know about these kinds of parameters,
and I suppose that Linux performance experts do.  But very few
sysadmins, in my experience, have any idea.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com