Re: tablespace restore

От Vangelis Katsikaros
Тема Re: tablespace restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/19/2010 03:12 PM, Matthew Walden wrote:
> Vangelis,
>
> I don't believe you can do file level copying of single databases
> (especially as they are different versions).

Hi Matthew, thanks for your answer.

If the different versions is a problem, I can downgrade one server and
then upgrade afterwards.

> Take a look at pg_dump in the documentation.  This will do what you need I
> think but at a logical level rather than physical.

Hm, from what I understand pg_dump doesn't dump indexes (ie the indexing
information - not an SQL clause in CREATE TABLE). Also I have lots of
Giga of data, so I imagine that pg_restore will take quite some time to
execute the INSERTs and reindex.

Regards
Vangelis