Re: We need to log aborted autovacuums

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: We need to log aborted autovacuums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It's hard to tell, because you're just handwaving about what it is you
> think isn't being logged; nor is it clear whether you have any evidence
> that locks are the problem.  Offhand I'd think it at least as likely
> that autovacuum thinks it doesn't need to do anything, perhaps because
> of a statistics issue.  There *is* an elog(DEBUG3) in autovacuum.c
> that reports whether autovac thinks a table needs vacuumed/analyzed ...
> maybe that needs to be a tad more user-accessible.

Yeah, it would be really good to be able to log that without bumping the
log levels of the server in general to DEBUG3.  On a busy production
server, using any of the DEBUG levels is pretty much out of the question
... they can produce up to 1GB/minute in output.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com