Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?
Дата
Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?  (Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Carey wrote:
> Did you recompile your test on the RHEL6 system?

On both systems I showed, I checked out a fresh copy of the PostgreSQL
9.1 HEAD from the git repo, and compiled that on the server, to make
sure I was pulling in the appropriate kernel headers.  I wasn't aware of
exactly how the kernel sync stuff was refactored though, thanks for the
concise update on that.  I can do similar tests on a RHEL5 system, but
not on the same hardware.  Can only make my laptop boot so many
operating systems at a time usefully.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        www.2ndQuadrant.us