Re: contrib: auth_delay module

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: contrib: auth_delay module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2010/11/15 11:50), Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> Which it would still do, since the attacker would be bumping up against
>>> max_connections.  max_connections would be a DOS point, but that's no
>>> different from today.  Other things could be put in place to address
>>> that (max # of connections from a given IP or range could be implemented
>>> using iptables, as an example).
>>>
>>> 5 second delay w/ max connections at 100 would mean max of 20 attempts
>>> per second, no?  That's alot fewer than 100*(however many attempts can
>>> be done in a second).  Doing a stupid while true; psql -d blah; done
>>> managed to get 50 successful ident auths+no-db-found errors done in a
>>> second on one box here.  5000>>  20, and I wasn't even trying.
>>
>> OK.  I was just asking.  I don't object to it if people think it's
>> useful, especially if they are looking at it as "I would actually use
>> this on my system" rather than "I can imagine a hypothetical person
>> using this".
>
> I haven't heard anyone say "yes, I would actually use this on my
> system"?  Any takers?

My original motivation is to provide a proof of concept module for
the ClientAuthentication_hook, to show this hook is useful to other
purposes not only getpeercon() in SE-PgSQL.

If we don't need a PoC module for each new hooks, I'm not strongly
motivated to push it into contrib tree.
How about your opinion?

> If we're to commit this, then the patch needs to add a new file
> authdelay.smgl, fill it in with appropriate contents, and update
> contrib.sgml and filelist.sgml accordingly.

Sorry, I missed the manner of contrib modules.
It seems to me the dummy_seclabel module also lacks these documentation
updates, although its purpose is regression testing.

> I also note that the
> patch offers the ability to log superuser logins.  Since that seems a
> bit off-topic for a contrib module called auth_delay, and since we
> already have a GUC called log_connections, I'm inclined to propose
> removing that part.

I agree with the suggestion.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: unlogged tables
От: Itagaki Takahiro
Сообщение: Re: Extensible executor nodes for preparation of SQL/MED