Re: unlogged tables

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Re: unlogged tables  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: unlogged tables  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: unlogged tables  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, you'd have to allow a flag to control the behavior.  And in that
> case I'd rather the flag have a single default rather than different
> defaults depending on whether or not individual tables were selected.
> Something like --omit-unlogged-data.

Are you sure we don't want to default the other way?  It seems to me
that most people using unlogged tables won't want to back them up ...
especially since the share lock for pgdump will add overhead for the
kinds of high-volume updates people want to do with unlogged tables.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com