Re: Postgres forums ... take 2

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Postgres forums ... take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 15/11/10 17:37, Thom Brown wrote:

> That's actually some good work you've done there!  I didn't know phpBB
> supported bidirectional mailing list support.

Yikes. Neither did I. I've always seen phpBB as the barren wasteland of
web forums - forums full of half-page animated GIF signatures separating
single lines of text, some kind of content-free zone of minimum
information density. Maybe it can be configured to be better than that
after all.

How does it handle threading? Will forum threads be properly threaded?
And will replies have the correct In-Reply-To: <msgid> header so they
get threaded correctly?

Have you been in touch with the Pg list admins to make sure they're cool
with this?

> A few points though.  I think we'd need to disable smileys, bbcode, any
> form of rich text formatting, flash or embedded images.

Mostly agreed. Limiting signatures to 4/5 lines would be nice too.

Limited HTML is really useful on web forums, though, as it allows you to
delineate code from other text. Unless the whole forum is set to
monospaced text with preserved whitespace, that's necessary to ensure
that code samples are readable.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/