Re: ignore errors for COPY [solved]

От Vangelis Katsikaros
Тема Re: ignore errors for COPY [solved]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/11/2010 03:05 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> You should better look at pgloader which will use COPY to put your data
> in your table and found the lines in error. Of course, it takes time to
> detect lines in error. But at least, all "good" lines will be in your
> table, and all "bad" lines will be in a file, so that you can modify
> them to inject later.

Hi

Thanks for the answer, indeed it solves the issue.

Now, I would like to ask a second question (sorry for using the same
thread :)

I would like to create a specific database on a another location (not in
"data_directory = '/var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main'" ). I was wondering if
I have to run
initdb -D /other/path/

of if there is another way

(for example in mysql I can do the same thing by creating a symlink to
the other location inside "datadir = /var/lib/mysql" )

Regards
Vangelis