Re: renaming contrib. (was multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: renaming contrib. (was multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 11/10/2010 07:51 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>  wrote:
>> The current name causes constant confusion. It's a significant misnomer, and
>> leads people to distrust the code. There might be reasons not to change, but
>> you should at least recognize why the suggestion is being made.
> Is it your position that contrib code is as well-vetted as core code?

A damn sight more than it used to be. I claim a bit of credit for that -
before the buildfarm existed it was quite poorly tested, but we can't
get away with that any more. (Ditto PLs and ECPG once we added those
into the buildfarm mix.) Of course, there are odd corners in the code.
But hstore, for example, has just had a major makeover, and pgcrypto is
pretty well maintained. Some other modules are less well loved. There
are a few small bits of the core code that have cobwebs too.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: renaming contrib. (was multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests)
Сообщение: Re: renaming contrib. (was multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests)