Re: Array interface

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Array interface
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/11/10 22:10, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> What might also be interesting is doing each INSERT with an array-load
> of bind variables appended to the VALUES clause - as this will only do
> 1 insert call per "array" of values.

This is probably more like what you were expecting:

rows    num values tuples(i.e array size) elapsed
1000000                 1                     106
1000000                10                      14
1000000               100                      13
1000000              1000                      14

I didn't try to use PREPARE + EXECUTE here, just did "do" with the
INSERT + array size number of VALUES tuples (execute could well be
faster). The obvious difference here is we only do rows/(array size)
number of insert calls.

Cheers

Mark

Вложения