Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests
Дата
Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests  (Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org>)
Re: multi-platform, multi-locale regression tests  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Peter Eisentraut  wrote:
> On tis, 2010-11-09 at 14:00 -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>
>> I've been talking to Nasby and Dunstan about adding a
>> Test::More/pgTAP-based test suite to the core. It wouldn't run
>> with the usual core suite used by developers, which would continue
>> to use pg_regress. But they could run it if they wanted (and had
>> the prerequisites), and the build farm animals would run them
>> regularly.
>
> I'd welcome something like that, but I'm not sure that that's the
> best overall solution to this particular problem in the short run.
> But it would be great to have anyway.
For the Serializable Snapshot Isolation (SSI) patch I needed a test
suite which would handle concurrent sessions which interleaved
statements in predictable ways.  I was told pgTAP wasn't a good
choice for that and went with Markus Wanner's dtester package.  The
SSI patch adds a "dcheck" build target which is not included in any
others to run the dtester tests.
I don't know if dtester meets the other needs people have, or whether
this is a complementary approach, but it seemed worth mentioning.
-Kevin

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Fix for seg picksplit function
От: KaiGai Kohei
Сообщение: Re: security hooks on object creation