Re: Delete low priority equivalent in postgresql?

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: Delete low priority equivalent in postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Vaduvoiu Tiberiu wrote:
> I'm switching my application's database from MySql to Postgresql. I've
> noticed a couple of "delete low priority from..." queries that were
> added by a different employee that I need to "translate" in
> Postgresql. From what I understand, in MySql "low priority" option can
> be used to wait that no more client reads the table before updating
> it. Is there an equivalent for this in Postgresql or should I simply
> remove this option from the query to make it work in Postgresql?
>
> Thanx in advance

In PostgreSQL, readers do not block writers and vice versa. PostgreSQL
has so called "non-overwriting multi version control" which allows both
readers and writers to operate on the table concurrently, at least when
operating under the default transaction isolation level. That means that
"low priority" option doesn't make much sense for PostgreSQL. Just
remove it.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: MySql Concat function equivalent
От: Dragan Keselj
Сообщение: Question - help needed