Re: [JDBC] psqlexception syntax error at or near "$"

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [JDBC] psqlexception syntax error at or near "$"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[Please keep the list copied and please don't top-post.]
[Also, this thread really belongs on pgsql-general or pgsql-novice;
it doesn't seem to have anything to do with JDBC, so I'm blind
copying the JDBC list and posting to general to move it.]

Steven Dahlin <pgdb.sldahlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>wrote:
>
>>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION system_info_fnc01() RETURNS trigger
>>> AS $$
>>
>>>      raise exception ''System Info record already present'';
>>
>>> $$
>>
>> When you use dollar quoting you should not double your
>> apostrophes.
>>
>> Try:
>>
>>     raise exception 'System Info record already present';

> That makes no difference.

It seems to make a difference on my machine:

test=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION system_info_fnc01() RETURNS
trigger AS
test-# $$
test$# declare
test$#   iCnt       integer;
test$# begin
test$#   select count(*) into  iCnt from  system_info;
test$#   if ( iCnt > 0 ) then
test$#      raise exception ''System Info record already present'';
test$#   end if;
test$#   return new;
test$# end;
test$# $$
test-# LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' IMMUTABLE;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "System"
LINE 8:      raise exception ''System Info record already present'';
                               ^
test=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION system_info_fnc01() RETURNS
trigger AS
test-# $$
test$# declare
test$#   iCnt       integer;
test$# begin
test$#   select count(*) into  iCnt from  system_info;
test$#   if ( iCnt > 0 ) then
test$#      raise exception 'System Info record already present';
test$#   end if;
test$#   return new;
test$# end;
test$# $$
test-# LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' IMMUTABLE;
CREATE FUNCTION

If you're getting different results, please copy/paste actual code.

What version of PostgreSQL are you running?

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Why facebook used mysql ?
Сообщение: Re: Why facebook used mysql ?