Re: Fix for seg picksplit function

От Yeb Havinga
Тема Re: Fix for seg picksplit function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> Do you think now patch is ready for committer or it require further
> review by you or somebody else?
It's probably ready for committer, however the code now doesn't mention
any reference or bit of information that it is faster than the original
one. I was wondering how you discovered this, or is there any reverence
to e.g. a gist paper/other work where this is researched? If the info is
available, some comments in the code might help future gist developers
for picking a right algorithm for other datatypes.

I don't think further review is required, but very much welcome further
exploration of which picksplit algorithms match which datatype in which
distribution best.

regards,
Yeb Havinga

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: SQL functions that can be inlined
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SQL/MED estimated time of arrival?