Re: Access postgresql data base from .net

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Access postgresql data base from .net
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/05/10 2:40 PM, mike stanton wrote:
> Dann, perhaps the a better question would be.....if we use, for
> example, npgsql, we'd have to adapt code and use the tools own calls.
> And that means rewriting. Is this true?.

npgsql implements oledb, I thought, which hooks right up to the .NET
database glue?   That should just hook up to your existing SQL code.  If
your SQL code follows the standards, it should work with little or no
tweaking.

however....

if you are using any Microsoft SQL Server specific features, you'll need
to rewrite those parts to switch to /anything/ else.    Any transact*sql
procedures will need rewriting into pl/pgsql.

SQL Server's ETL tool should be able to copy your schema and data into
postgres tables.