Re: plan time of MASSIVE partitioning ...

От Boszormenyi Zoltan
Тема Re: plan time of MASSIVE partitioning ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane írta:
> Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at> writes:
>
>> This means add_child_rel_equivalences() is still takes
>> too much time, the previously posted test case calls this
>> function 482 times, it's called for almost  every 10th entry
>> added to eq_classes. The elog() I put into this function says
>> that at the last call list_length(eq_classes) == 4754.
>>

> That seems like a ridiculously large number of ECs.  What is the
> test query again?
>
>             regards, tom lane

The test case is here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4CBD9DDC.4040304@cybertec.at

create_table.sql for the main table plus childtables.sql.gz, the EXPLAIN
query is in the message body.

Basically, it's a model for a lot of data for three months, partitioned by
4 hour intervals for every day. Imagine the call list handled by a
phone company in a large country.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--