Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 10/28/2010 12:23 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2010, at 9:08 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> Well, it turns out that the hashref required exactly one more line to achieve. We already have all the
infrastructureon the composite handling code, and all it requires it to enable it for the RECORDOID case.

> I don't suppose that it would be just as easy to allow an array passed to PL/Perl to be read into the PL/Perl
functionas an array reference, would it? Since it would break backcompat, it would need to be enabled by a plperl.*
directive,but man, I would kill for that.

Of course it's possible, but it's a different feature. As for "just as
easy", no, it's much more work. I agree it should be done, though.

cheers

andrew

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: plperl arginfo
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters