Re: xlog.c: WALInsertLock vs. WALWriteLock

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: xlog.c: WALInsertLock vs. WALWriteLock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/26/2010 05:52 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> And horrible for performance, I imagine.  Those locks are highly trafficked.

Note, however, that offloading this to the file-system just moves
congestion there. So we are effectively saying that we expect
filesystems to do a better job (in that aspect) than our WAL implementation.

(Note that I'm not claiming that is or is not true - I didn't measure).

Regards

Markus Wanner