Re: AIX slow buffer reads

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: AIX slow buffer reads
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10-10-26 05:04 PM, André Volpato wrote:
> [...]

I wonder if effective_io_concurrency has anything to do with it.  It was
implemented and mainly tested on Linux, and I am unsure if it will do
anything on AIX.  The plan you posted for the query does a bitmap index
scans which is what effective_io_concurrency will speed up.

Can you post the output of explain analyze for that query on both AIX
and Linux?  That will show where the time is being spent.

If it is being spent in the bitmap index scan, try setting
effective_io_concurrency to 0 for Linux, and see what effect that has.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106