Re: add label to enum syntax

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: add label to enum syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Dean Rasheed's message:
>> Well ELEMENT is a reserved keyword in SQL:2008, to support
>> multisets, so if we ever supported that feature...
>
> Hah!
>
> Well, here's a patch for LABEL in any case.  If we're going to
> have to reserve ELEMENT in the future then there doesn't seem to
> be much point in not choosing that one though.
FWIW, I like ELEMENT better than LABEL.  The reason I don't like
VALUE is that you are specifying the logical *name* of the entry,
and it seems clumsy not to have a convenient word for the value that
the name maps to, internally.  You're actually adding the name and
assigning it a value, which corresponds well to ELEMENT.
-Kevin