Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?
Дата
Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?  (Roberto Scattini <roberto.scattini@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On 10/21/2010 10:27 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Brian Hirt <bhirt@me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> There are only two tables in the query.
>>>

>> Tim,
>>
>> No, your query is written incorrectly.  I don't understand why you come on to this list all hostile and
confrontational. Regardless, people still try to help you and then you still ignore the advice of people that are
givingyou the solutions to your problems.

> Maybe he's used to paid commercial support where people are often
> quite rude and hostile to the support staff to try and "motivate" them
> or something?  I've seen it before for sure.
>
> Again, OP, what does EXPLAIN say about this query?

Maybe I should re-read, but I didn't feel any confrontation.
Frustration for sure.  OP has clearly tried pretty hard, on some tricky
bits too, but I'm betting all for naught if (as seems likely) it's just
mistaken sql.  "update from" is NOT straight forward.

Сообщение: Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?
Сообщение: Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?