Re: postgres services on amazon

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: postgres services on amazon
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Aljoša Mohorović wrote:
> i know, i am using amazon services and have no issues with running
> postgres on ec2 but i'm more concern with the fact that it seems that
> nobody is planning to provide professional services comparable with
> the current mysql based services from amazon

Just because none are there currently doesn't mean nobody is planning to
offer those services.  PostgreSQL 9.0 adds some features that make it
particular well suited for cloud-style scaling deployments now, and it's
a safe bet that somebody is planning product offerings in that area now
that it's feasible to do so.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us