Re: Cannot Start Postgres After System Boot

От Reid Thompson
Тема Re: Cannot Start Postgres After System Boot
Дата
Re: Cannot Start Postgres After System Boot  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 10/20/2010 6:53 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   For reasons I do not understand, the Slackware start-up file for postgres
> (/etc/rc.d/rc.postgresql) fails to work properly after I reboot the system.
> (Reboots normally occur only after a kernel upgrade or with a hardware
> failure that crashes the system.)
>
>   Trying to restart the system manually (su postgres -c 'postgres -D
> /var/lib/pgsql/data &') regardless of the presence of /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
> and /var/lib/pgsql/postmaster.pid. Here's what I see:
>
> [rshepard@salmo ~]$ su postgres -c 'postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/data &'
> Password: [rshepard@salmo ~]$ LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a
> few seconds and retry.
> WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost"
> FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets
>
>   If someone would be kind enough to point out what I'm doing incorrectly
> (e.g., removing /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 and postmaster.pid when the startup
> process complains they're not right) I'll save this information for the next
> time. I can also provide the 'start' section of the Slackware init file so I
> could learn why it's not working properly.
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich

what does
$ netstat -an|grep 5432
return?

what does
$ ps -ef|grep post
return?

The above indicates that the tcp ipv4 socket is already bound by some process

От: "Neil D'Souza"
Сообщение: a query on stored procedures/functions in pgsql