Re: rollback to savepoint leads to transaction already in progress

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: rollback to savepoint leads to transaction already in progress
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Takahiro-san,

> I think the string-comparison is unreliable. So, I'd like to replace
> the code to use PQtransactionStatus(). I have two patches to do it:
> The first one (ecpg-trans-quick_20101014.patch) is a quick fix
> that replaces only the above test.
> The second one (ecpg-trans-full_20101014.patch) replaces all of
> struct connection->committed with PQtransactionStatus().
>
> Which solution is better? Or, another idea?

The full solution is the better one, but I'd prefer to not apply it to
the stable versions as there's a slight chance it might break something.
So that means I'd apply full for HEAD and quick for 9.0 and 8.4. Will
you commit this? Or shall I?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com