Re: Slow count(*) again...

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: Slow count(*) again...
Дата
Re: Slow count(*) again...
Список pgsql-performance
  On 10/13/2010 8:12 AM, Greg Smith wrote:
> The work incorporating a more stable XFS into RHEL started with xfsprogs
> 3.0.1-6 going into Fedora 11, and 3.1.X would represent a current
> release.  So your Ubuntu kernel is two major improvement releases
> behind, 3.0 and 3.1 were the upgrades to xfsprogs where things really
> got going again making that code modern and solid.  Ubuntu Lucid
> switched to 3.1.0, RHEL6 will probably ship 3.1.0 too.

I am afraid that my management will not let me use anything that doesn't
exist as a RPM package in the current Red Hat distribution. No Ubuntu,
no Fedora, no manual linking.  There will always be that ominous
question: how many other companies are using XFS? From the business
perspective, questions like that make perfect sense.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA