Re: NoSQL -vs- SQL

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: NoSQL -vs- SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/11/2010 8:50 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Carlos Mennens
> <carlos.mennens@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Just wondering how you guys feel about NoSQL and I just wanted to
>> share the following article...
>>
>> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10770
>>
>> Looking to read your feedback and / or opinions.
>
> Here's my opinion.  Key-value store is NOT NEW.  Calling it a new name
> (NoSQL) is kind of counter intuitive for me.  I've used key-value
> stores since I wrote my first program in 1985.

Yep!  +1

I used "nosql" back in the dos days, using btrieve running on a novell
server.  Was pretty wicked fast... but... we had to store things with
horrible keys, because all the children needed the parent key + child
key + index.  sucked.

I hated writing reports, alot!  There was no sum or group by or joins..
ick.  I never want to go back.

Moving from key/value to relational db was like moving from a tricycle
to a 10-speed bike.

-Andy