Re: Duplicates Processing

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Duplicates Processing
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
My understanding was that the values were in fact in the data of the
"replacers".  If not, you are correct.  In this case the replacers are
more like alias for the only instance you have.

If the replacers are immutable by all means ship them off to some other
table (where I suppose the become pointers to other suppliers of the
type of thing holding the real data). Not sure I've ever met immutable
data but there you go ;)

And to your point of self-reference, it would be to a co-worker more
than a manager.  Managers are often not good replacements for workers. :)