Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2010-10-04 5:31 PM +0300, Tom Lane wrote:
> Marko Tiikkaja<marko.tiikkaja@cs.helsinki.fi>  writes:
>> Nope.  I think I grepped contrib/ at some point and none of those were
>> using pg_parse_and_rewrite() so this is all just speculation.  And yes,
>> it's not really part of any stable API but breaking third party modules
>> needlessly is not something I want to do.  However, in this case there
>> is no way to avoid breaking them.
>
> In the particular case at hand here, I rather wonder why SQL functions
> are depending on postgres.c at all.  It might be better to just
> duplicate a bit of code to make them independent.  pg_parse_and_rewrite
> would then be dead code and could be deleted.

I'm confused.  Even if we get rid of pg_parse_and_rewrite, SQL functions
need pg_parse_query and pg_analyze_and_rewrite from postgres.c.  You're
not suggesting duplicating the code in those two, are you?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

Сообщение: Re: Sync Replication with transaction-controlled durability
Сообщение: Re: Sync Replication with transaction-controlled durability