Re: Duplicates Processing

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Duplicates Processing
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Yes.  With this you can find all part numbers/supplies which match your
value, wattage criteria in one table. Or exclude any which have a
non-null is_replacement_for value.

If you need to drop the "replaceable" variant, you choose which of the
replacements to promote and update the others to match the new
"replaceable".  They're all instances of the same type of thing so in my
view they ought to live in the same table.

Also possible to maintain the replacement structure via a (self) join
record with replacable/is_replacement_for tuples.  You have a similar
but slightly more involve maintenance issue of course.