Re: PostgreSQL data types mapped Java classes for JDBC

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: PostgreSQL data types mapped Java classes for JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
  On 10/08/10 11:33 AM, Thangalin wrote:
> If these are not already in the information_schema (or similar), I
> think they would make for a worthwhile addition.

The information_schema doesn't contain anything having to do with client
side data type bindings, nor should it.    *completely* outside its
domain.      nothing in the database server could possibly know what
JDBC is doing on the client side.  in fact, in theory its quite possible
two different client connections are using two completely different JDBC
implementations which have different bindings.  Yes, I know, theory !=
practice, yada yada.

the place for that sort of metadata would be in the jdbc driver doing
the data binding, or in associated documentation files (xml, perhaps?)