Re: Git cvsserver serious issue

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Git cvsserver serious issue
Дата
Re: Git cvsserver serious issue  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 10/07/2010 03:37 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> True, it is rather small.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know if there's an automated way to maintain that on
>>> freebsd ports, and if so, how that works? I want to be *sure* we can't
>>> accidentally upgrade git-cvsserver *without* the patch, since that is
>>> a security issue.
>>>
>> Why not just make a local copy somewhere else and patch and run that? It's
>> just a Perl script, no?
> Yeah, but then we have to remember to manually patch that one when
> somebody *else* finds/fixes a security issue. We have automatic
> monitoring on the ports stuff to detect when that happens..

There's a simpler solution which I have just tested. Instead of
patching, use the Pg driver instead of SQLite. Set the dbname to %m. If
the database doesn't exist the cvs checkout will fail. So we just set up
databases for the modules we want to export (master and RELn_m_STABLE
for the live branches).

cheers

andrew