Re: Perf regression in 2.6.32 (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Perf regression in 2.6.32 (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> Greg, have you run into any other evidence suggesting a problem with 2.6.32?

I haven't actually checked myself yet.  Right now the only distribution
shipping 2.6.32 usefully is Ubuntu 10.04, which I can't recommend anyone
use on a server because their release schedules are way too aggressive
to ever deliver stable versions anymore.  So until either RHEL6 or
Debian Squeeze ships, very later this year or early next, the
performance of 2.6.32 is irrelevant to me.  And by then I'm hoping that
the early adopters have squashed more of the obvious bugs here.  2.6.32
is 11 months old at this point, which makes it still a bleeding edge
kernel in my book.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us