Re: Better view of a request's result

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Better view of a request's result
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

Le 06/10/2010 10:06, bouiron olivier a écrit :
> [...]
> When I use the Query editor of PgAdmin, and then, when I try to read the
> result of a column that contains a large text...
> I really would like to have a larger screen in order to see what my row
> contains.
>
> Do you think it can be possible that cells with a large text can be
> displayed on more than one row inside the cell (multiple line editor)?
> If text is larger than the width of the cell, then it could be displayed
> on a next row (cells contains multiple rows and so, display all the text).

Large text (and binary) values are hard to show right now in the edit
grid and in the query tool. My current idea is to show the text
truncated (if it's too big to fit in the cell), and showing an ellipsis
at the end. And have a way to show the complete value in another window.
This could allow us to display the value in different ways if it's a
binary value and that its format is an image, or something else.

> This is just a simple question... I know you have a lot of thinks to do
> for PgAdmin....

No problem :)

We really are interested by user feedbacks.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com