Re: Postgres 9.0 crash on win7

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Postgres 9.0 crash on win7
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 5/10/2010 10:02 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Craig Ringer<craig@postnewspapers.com.au>  writes:
>> After turning autovacuum off completely, though, it does crash when
>> ANALYZE is run.
>
>>> postgres.exe!pfree(void * pointer=0x68f08610)  Line 591 + 0x3 bytes    C
>>> postgres.exe!examine_attribute(RelationData * onerel=0x00000000, int attnum=5, Node * index_expr=0x00000000)  Line
877   C
>>> postgres.exe!do_analyze_rel(RelationData * onerel=0x01747b48, VacuumStmt * vacstmt=0x01690580, char
update_reltuples='',char inh=0)  Line 357 + 0xa bytes    C

> Hmm.  That is suspiciously close to the location of some last-minute
> changes in Postgres 9.0.  I wonder whether Andrea is using a version of
> PostGIS that was compiled against pre-9.0RC1 Postgres sources.

If so, I am to and it's the latest PostGIS binary from their website.

> In short, what we've got here is a version skew problem.  That doubtless
> explains why Craig couldn't duplicate it on his Linux machine.

Yep, 'cos I built PostGIS directly against the installed Pg on my linux box.

I'm about to head for work. When I get back I'll build PostGIS locally
and see if the problem conveniently goes away.

--
Craig Ringer