Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Fabrício dos Anjos Silva wrote:
> Is there any automated test tool? A can compile a list of real-world
> queries, and provide an exact copy of my db server just for testing.
> But how do I do it? Write a bunch of scripts? Is there any serious
> tool that try different parameters, run a load test, process results
> and generate reports?

There's a list of tools for playing back a test workload at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Statement_Playback

I'm not aware of anyone beyond some academic research that has taken
that idea and built something to test many database parameter
combinations.  They did that at
http://www.cs.duke.edu/~shivnath/papers/ituned.pdf but I don't think
that code went public; I asked about it at one point and never heard
anything really useful back.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg@2ndQuadrant.com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us

Сообщение: Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?
Сообщение: Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?