Re: Issue for partitioning with extra check constriants

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Issue for partitioning with extra check constriants
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> [ shrug ... ]  We do not promise that the current partitioning scheme
> scales to the number of partitions where this is likely to be an
> interesting concern.

Actually, you can demonstrate pretty significant response time delays on
only 50 partitions.

> We're talking "wasted effort on a dead-end situation".  The time that
> would go into this would be much better spent on real partitioning.

That only applies if someone is working on "real partitioning".  Is anyone?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Issue for partitioning with extra check constriants
Сообщение: Re: Issue for partitioning with extra check constriants