Re: [9.0] hot standby plus streaming replication

От Michele Petrazzo - Unipex
Тема Re: [9.0] hot standby plus streaming replication
Дата
Re: [9.0] hot standby plus streaming replication  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Gabriele Bartolini ha scritto:
> Ciao Michele,

Ciao ;)

>> both server (master and standby) need a common directory where
>> read
>>
> and write the wal files?
>
> Not necessarily. You can use for instance scp to ship the WAL file
> from the master to the standby using the network.

Thanks for the explain, but...
- why in my tests, _whitout_ common direcotory, master and slave keep in
sync also if I shutdown slave, add (in my last tests) something about
100k record (although little ones) on the master and then after woke up
the slave in about 2/3 seconds I have all the dbs in sync? It's just
luck or there are something that I don't understand?
- If I have to copy (scp / rsync / etc...) the files, which interval I
have to follow? And also, when the slave will read these files? There
are something like inotify or I have to say to slave "my friend, there
are updates from master. Keep in sync!"

>> Just another question about replication: there is the possibility
> build a sync between a 32 and a 64 bit (on linux)?
>
> As stated in the documentation
> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/warm-standby.html), the
> hardware architecture must be the same.

If I read before this page, I spared a lot of tries!

> Hope this helps.
>
> Ciao, Gabriele

Thanks a lot,
Michele

P.s. Glad to see that also in Italy there are PostgreSQL guru ;)