Re: No Relations Found Error

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: No Relations Found Error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 30/09/2010 20:33, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Raymond O'Donnell<rod@iol.ie>  wrote:
>> Are the tables in a schema other than "public"? Enter "\dn" at the psql
>> prompt to see what schemas are there.
>
> Perhaps not. I wasn't aware of that. When I created the database
> before I created and tables, I used the following command:
>
> "createlang plpgsql wiki"
>
> Could that be why I don't see them?

No, not at all - that just installs the pl/pgsql language in the
database. However....

> wiki=# \dn
>          List of schemas
>          Name        |  Owner
> --------------------+----------
>   information_schema | postgres
>   mediawiki          | wiki

...it looks as if MediaWiki has created a schema for itself during the
installation procedure, and that's where the tables and stuff are.

If you're not familiar with schemas, here's the section of the docs you
need to read:

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/ddl-schemas.html

Have a look at section 5.3.7 on the search path in particular, as this
will make your life much easier when using psql. :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie