Re: is sync rep stalled?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: is sync rep stalled?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca> wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> I'm sure there's several things you can accomplish with
>> synchronous replication, perhaps you could describe what the
>> important use case for you is?
> I'm looking for "data durability", not "server query-ability"
Same here.  If we used synchronous replication, the important thing
for us would be to hold up the master for the minimum time required
to ensure remote persistence -- not actual application to the remote
database.  We could tolerate some WAL replay time on recovery better
than poor commit performance on the master.
-Kevin