Re: srpm odd spec file?

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: srpm odd spec file?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Please see this blog post:
>
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/48-What-is-new-in-PostgreSQL-9.0-RPMs.html
>
> It explains why we did not change $PATH, which binaries are under $PATH,
> and other stuff.
>
> Regards,

Devrim,  you did an excellent job! I was able to install the new
binaries and to upgrade my existing database without losing any data.
The only inconvenient thing is that for some reason package config
wasn't found by the CPAN utility, I had to enter the paths to the bin,
lib and include directory manually. Once linked, however, DBD::Pg 2.17.1
was perfectly functional. For some reason, ODBC drivers are missing, but
ODBCng can be installed and they work flawlessly.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA