Re: Proposal: plpgsql - "for in array" statement

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: Proposal: plpgsql - "for in array" statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> What about
>
> FOR EACH var IN array_expr LOOP ...
>
> I think this requires reserving EACH, which could cause a regression for
> working code.  Maybe there's a way to make it work?

What about saying FOR-EACH instead?

A good general solution that I'd expect to not cause regressions is to separate
multiple-word keywords with dashes rather than spaces.

Since unquoted identifiers don't have dashes, I think, and moreover because the
whole FOR-EACH would occupy the first position of the statement rather than the
first two, there should be no ambiguity.

Parsing should be easier, too, because keywords formatted like this would just
be a single term rather than having infinite variations due to embedded whitespace.

-- Darren Duncan