Re: bg worker: general purpose requirements

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: bg worker: general purpose requirements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg,

On 09/25/2010 08:03 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> The dynamic ramp-up is a feature to deal for the default install and
> for use case where the system has lots of different users with
> different needs.

Thanks for sharing this. From that perspective, neither the current
min/max nor the timeout configuration approach would be satisfying, as
it's not really possible to configure it to always have a certain amount
of bgworkers (exactly adjusted to the requirements at hand, with
possibly differing requirements per database).

I'm unsure about how to continue here. It seems we need the ability to
switch between databases not (only) for performance, but for ease of
configuration.

Regards

Markus Wanner