Re: BUG #5675: out of memory at request size 32Mb

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: BUG #5675: out of memory at request size 32Mb
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Am 24.09.10 14:54, schrieb Robert Haas:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Andreas Pflug
> <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>  wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference:      5675
>> Logged by:          Andreas Pflug
>> Email address:      pgadmin@pse-consulting.de
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4
>> Operating system:   Linux 2.6.26 i686
>> Details:
>>
>> A slony 2.0 cluster running for a year, no config changes lately. Slony has
>> to replicate a table with a bytea column; maximum so far was a little over
>> 32MB.
>>
>> Lately, the slave's slon process fails to replicate. The server reports "out
>> of memory", "Failed on request of size 33554432.". The slon log shows an
>> insert was the failing statement, the server log spits out its memory
>> contexts but not the failing statement.
>>
>> One log line that catched my attention was
>> MessageContext: 485902696 total in 6 blocks; 32160 free (16 chunks);
>> 485870536 used
>> which is well beyond the configured memory limits (280MB shared_buffers,
>> temp 32MB, workmem 64MB)
> Are you sure you meant to report this here?  Seems likely to be a
> Slony issue, although of course I'm not sure of that.

It's the postgres server that reports the oom situation on the insert query.

On further invesigation, the slon process (running on the same machine)
consumed all memory on the 144MB-Insert (for a 29MB column) making pgsql
bail out.

Regards,
Andreas

От: David Schmitt
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5673: Optimizer creates strange execution plan leading to wrong results
От: Benito Schlaak
Сообщение: Fehler beim Installieren von PostgreSQL v8.4.3-1