Re: Documentation

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Documentation
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Le 24/09/2010 15:16, Marek Černocký a écrit :
> I comprehend your concern for quality. But now I have no clear info
> about documentation changes. I would have to study git changelogs or do
> other frustration work. It has impact on documentation translation
> completeness and quality too.

You just need this command:

git diff REL-1_10_0_PATCHES -- docs/en_US

Which gives you 439 lines of changes (many are from binary files). With
this, you easily know changes on the documentation.

> I translate Gnome (which uses own tools for work with documentation
> po/pot) and I don't see any problem with quality. Documentation
> translator is usually the same as UI translator so he has knowledge
> about application.

Problem is not knowledge on the software. Translating a UI is a complete
different business than translating a documentation. There's not really
a context when you translate a UI, but there is one when you translate a
manual.

> I thing the limit to translation quality is translator at first,
> using .po is the matter in question.

Anyway, there are tools that helps you to build .po files from various
text formats. po4a for example.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Branch refs/heads/mybugfixwork was created
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Branch refs/heads/mybugfixwork was created