Re: Serializable Snapshot Isolation

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Serializable Snapshot Isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/kgrittn/postgres.git;a=blob;f=src/include/storage/predicate_internal.h;h=7cdb5af6eebdc148dd5ed5030847ca50d7df4fe8;hb=7f05b21bc4d846ad22ae8c160b1bf8888495e254

> Does this work for you?

Yes, thank you, that helps a lot.

So, the purpose of SerializableXidHash is to provide quick access to the
SERIALIZABLEXACT struct of a top-level transaction, when you know its
transaction id or any of its subtransaction ids. To implement the "or
any of its subtransaction ids" part, you need to have a SERIALIZABLEXID
struct for each subtransaction in shared memory. That sounds like it can
eat through your shared memory very quickly if you have a lot of
subtransactions.

Why not use SubTransGetTopmostTransaction() ?

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a latch to make startup process wake up and replay
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a latch to make startup process wake up and replay