Re: Monitoring Object access

От Satoshi Nagayasu
Тема Re: Monitoring Object access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2010/09/12 23:02, adi hirschtein wrote:
> I'm coming from the Oracle side of the house and In oracle for instance, you use shared buffer as well, but you are
stillable to see which session is waiting for which blocks
> and if one session is doing the "real" I/O then the other one wait on 'wait for other session" event so you are able
toknow who did the actual I/O
> the reason behind it is that you want to check which objects is being heavily hit by which  business processes or
usersand then tier your storage accordingly.
> I agree with your point about the OS buffer cache, I need to monitor it as well.
> is there any place rather than pg_stat_activity that you think I should take a look at?

I think you should also look at pg_locks to know
which session is processing (or waiting on locks).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/view-pg-locks.html

pg_locks table contains several lock information
including "lock dependencies" which you may need
to monitor session activities.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com>

От: tv@fuzzy.cz
Сообщение: Re: Monitoring Object access
От: Carlos Mennens
Сообщение: Re: Post Install / Secure PostgreSQL