Re: Perf regression in 2.6.32 (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Perf regression in 2.6.32 (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown wrote:
> I thought sysbench was designed for MySQL benchmarks.  How new is the
> PostgreSQL driver?  Is it stable yet?

It's been out there for years; the FreeBSD 7.0 development used it
extensively on MySQL and PostgreSQL to track kernel performance on both
databases back in 2007:
http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/7.0%20Preview.pdf

I don't think "stable" applies here just based on code age though, given
how infrequent updates to the sysbench code are and how little QA is put
into them.  They pushed out two updates in 2009, 0.4.11 and 0.4.12, but
all they did for me was break basic compilation on multiple platforms.
I still use 0.4.10 as the last version that seems to work without
makefile surgery on both RedHat and Ubuntu.

The last time I tried it, the read-only OLTP implementation worked fine,
but the one that wrote instead was prone to deadlocks in PostgreSQL.

Сообщение: Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion
Сообщение: Re: Policy decisions and cosmetic issues remaining for the git conversion