Success Story : French Social Services now using PostgreSQL

hi,

The news went out in France in june, somehow i forgot to forward it here...

The CNAF (one of the biggest part of the french social system) has
successfully migrated its legacy COBOL applications to PostgreSQL.

The whole migration took several years and was driven by BULL with the
help of Dalibo.

Here's a few figures to describe the use case :

  * 37 millions people concerned (half of the french population)
  * 2,5 billions euros paid every month, based on the data stored by
PostgreSQL
  * 1 billion SQL statements every day

Quote From Gerard Russeil, CIO at CNAF : « The tests involved several
months have shown a level of performance in transactional and batch
associated with the new production database PostgreSQL that we can look
confidently to a program of concentration of several production centers
on a single data center »

More information (in English) :
http://www.bull.us/liberatedb/successes/GCOS8_PostgreSQL/GCOS8PostgreSQL.php

Plus d'informations (en Français) :

http://news.bull.com/bulldirectfr/2010/06/bull-donne-une-seconde-jeunesse-au-mainframe-en-lancant-le-nouveau-systeme-novascale-gcos/

For even more details, don't hesitate to contact me :)

--
damien clochard